Medical Grade Chemical Peels
How do chemical peels improve the skin?
Chemical peeling is a procedure that aims to accelerate skin exfoliation and increase cellular turnover by the use of chemical substances resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and more uniform complexion.
Who can benefit from SkinMedica® Peels?
SkinMedica® Peels address the visible skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure, such as fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. Peels also address skin tone unevenness that can be caused by acne scarring or pigmentary changes. SkinMedica® offers a range of different strength chemical peels that licensed medical professionals can select to provide the optimum treatment for their clients.
Types of Peels
1. The Original Vi Peel – this peel is great for people who have never had a peel before and want to brighten and tighten their skin to improve tone and clarity. Also great for people with sensitive skin.
2. The Vi Purify Peel- for mild acne and oily skin (Safe for ages 12+)
3. The Vi Purify & Correct Precision Plus Peel- for moderate acne and acne scarring. This peel helps to brighten the dark areas and acne spots, while soothing inflammation and redness for a smooth, even complexion. 92% of patients saw a reduction in breakouts and 95% noticed a change in the color of the areas with acnes scars.
4. The Vi Restorative Precision Peel- antiaging peel that restores the skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
5. The Vi Transformative Precision Plus Peel- peel that helps to lighten age spots, hyperpigmentation, melasma, sun damage, and acne scarring. This peel helps to brighten dull and uneven skin tone, as well as smooth rough skin. 100% of patients experienced lightening of pigmented areas, 97% saw a changes in the color of the pigmented areas, and 94% saw a reduction in the size of the pigmented areas.
How do chemical peels improve the skin?
Chemical peeling is a procedure that aims to accelerate skin exfoliation and increase cellular turnover by the use of chemical substances resulting in renewed, healthier looking skin and more uniform complexion. The peel can also be applied to other areas such as the hands, arms, and chest
It is recommended to do a series of three peels one month apart from each other to achieve full results.
The benefits of the Vi Peel.
1. It is a medical grade peel that is comfortable during the application and peeling process with mild itching.
2. Each peel comes with its own after care kit to help reduce mild itching and maximize peel effects.
3. You can see visible results in just 7 days.
4. It is safe to use for all skin tones.
5. There is minimal down time.
What are the post care instructions for a chemical peel?
Avoid direct sunlight for at least 1 week after
Avoid sweating including exercise & saunas for at least 72 hours after the peel.
You will leave Relax Med Spa with the peel still on your face, which is dark in color and will remain on for 4 hours after the peel before you can wash it off. Please be mindful of this when booking.
You must wait a minimum of 5 hours prior to going to bed to do this peel, so please plan accordingly.
After the peel do not use hot water on your face, only cool water
Use a gentle soap free facial cleanser.
Do not use a facial cleansing device (Clarisonic)
Do not scrub or use a washcloth while the skin is peeling.
Use SPF throughout the day.
Most patients experience 2-3 days of visible peeling starting 48 hours after the initial peel.
You should tell your skin care specialist if you have any areas of permanent make up on your lips, eyebrows etc so they can apply a barrier of Aquaphor before applying the peel.
This Vi peels are contraindicated in those…
· Who are pregnant or breastfeeding
· Have an allergy to aspirin
· Have used isotretinoin or Accutane within the past 6 months
· Have had chemotherapy or radiation within the past 6 months
· Liver conditions
· Immune system disorders
· Phenol allergy/hydroquinone allergy.
· Open wounds